Friday, July 20, 2012

Be Still.....

      Shabbat, ( no I did not sneeze). Shabbat is the traditional Jewish Sabbath it begins on Friday evening and ends Saturday evening. During this Holy time the Jewish people acknowledge the fruits and gifts of God.  They take time to have a meal with their family, they offer up prayers and thanksgiving. They turn off the world, work, t.v. etc and they rest.

I am not Jewish, but I can appreciate this holy ritual. A time set apart from your daily life to be still. Purposefully still. So this blog will be the shortest one yet. Today Be Still. I know it is Friday, you usually hang out with friends, hit the club, do something. Take a day off. Today be still. Turn off all the electronics, turn off all your plans and plots. Put away your vision paper. Be still and take in the world around you. Spend time in God's presence. Share a meal with your family. Whatever you choose to do praise God in all things, have a spirit of gratitude. By Saturday evening you will be refreshed and re-energized to begin your journey again.
           I have to go get my world in order so that I can be still. See you next week.


No comments:

Post a Comment