Monday, July 16, 2012

Be the Blessing

Happy Monday Monsters, I hope you enjoyed your weekend and took a day to play, to breathe and to laugh. The first lesson you will learn in the Between is patience. Your looking toward the Next, cleaning out your Past, working out your Between and hopefully you are not waiting around for a Blessing. You, monster, are already experiencing blessings. Your learning, your growing and when you stop and breathe you see all the blessings around you. You are covered in blessings, and in the Next you will be over run with them. In the Between you learn to see the simple blessings God provides daily. You might not have what you want, but God will always provide what you need. I have learned that the quickest way to experience the Blessing you have been praying for is to be the Blessing: in someone else's life. 


That's right. I am dragging you out of your closet, your hidden space where you are working on you to encourage you to be a Blessing. In the Between you will be tempted to hold on to what you have. To keep your things close, after all you have control over your material things. Your time is precious, you have things to do, jobs to apply to, a child to raise, a job to get to, a relationship to develop, this could be an endless list of things you need for you. Well as long as you focus on you, the Blessing your waiting for will continue to wait on you. Its not a typo it is the truth. God has already answered your prayer. Everything you have asked for is waiting for you, you have to get past you to get it. How do you do that? Be a Blessing.


This is what it looks like. You have been praying for a breakthrough, for a man, a house, clothes, food. I don't know what your praying for but it is time to get off your knees and get to work. The Word says that God will bless the works of your hands, well if your hands are not doing anything what is there to bless? All your prayers have been about what you need, what you want, what you can't do without, etc. Once again you have entered Self-ishness. Move away from Self and focus on Others. 


I am not bragging, I am sharing hopefully something in this will inspire you to be a Blessing. I do not have a job, instead of sitting around waiting for the phone to ring I volunteer. I counsel teen moms. I put all the focus into it that I would my career. As a result I am able to bring joy and love into other peoples lives. Since I am not working I cannot fill my desire to shop. I know sad right. I clean out my closet and my daughters closet and clothes every few months and donate them to Goodwill. Our closets are overflowing with clothes, and I have not shopped in years. Each month I take bags of food to the food pantry and our kitchen is overflowing with food. We can't eat it fast enough. My mom loves to garden but does not have the time. I get down and dirty in her garden and it is overflowing with flowers, fruit, we had so many tomatoes we were giving bags of them away! I live in my mother's home, like a visitor for months until God revealed to me that I was praying for a home and I had one. I got up and now I clean my mother's home, take care of her animals, fix her meals all the things I would do for a husband and I realized I was in training for the life I said I wanted, but for her I was the Blessing she was praying for. For the women I counsel, I am the help they have been praying for. For the ones who benefit from my clothing and food I am the Blessing they have been praying for. In Blessing others with the little I had, with the works of my hands God has blessed me in abundance.

I am not telling you to give something to get something, but I am sharing with you that if you will bless others God will bless you. So to steal from Barack's last campaign. Change. Be the change you want to see in your life.  So today monster go be a blessing, you can start by smiling at every one you meet. That smile you give may be the one thing that changes their day for the better. Be the Blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment