Thursday, July 5, 2012

Resurrection: Its Not Just For Easter

Good Morning, monsters. Hope you enjoyed your holiday. How did the soul searching go? Did you get that bitter taste out of your mouth, more importantly did you begin to root it out of your soul. I know its difficult, I warned you that it was a tricky, sneaky thing. It may take awhile to get its tendrils out of the nooks and crannies of your soul, but keep at it. I am constantly walking around with a bottle of Round-Up, squirting every nasty tendril that pops its head up. Every day I am hacking away at that root. Writing this is killing the bitterness, every key stroke is making it weaker and soon, it will be all gone.

On to today's topic. Congratulations graduate you have left the Before. You've put away all your exes, you have stopped the back in the day episodes, and you have retired from your party planning career. Now what? If your anything like me, your shocked. For the first time you are awake, and the light is blinding. You look around and realize you have been living in a bubble, life has gone on merrily around you and your having a bad hair day, your wearing ugly sweats, and you can give a detailed recap of every bad reality show on television. Don't go back into hiding! Shake it off. Get up get out of those nasty sweats, do a mini makeover, and face the day. Really face it.

When I finally came to myself I was shocked. I was chilling on the couch eating chips, watching some inane woman making a fool of herself on national T.V.  and I caught my reflection. I had become a couch potato. Me! I hadn't rocked heels in a year, my poor babies were locked away in boxes, and what was I wearing, pajamas at 3 in the afternoon? My nails were not done, my legs not shaved, and I was rocking my natural hair color. This had gone too far. Your wake up may not look like this but its still a wake up you begin to take notice of what your doing, eating wearing, you notice your surroundings, congratulations baby you are awake. Today is your Resurrection Day.

So what does this mean? It means you are no longer distracted by what you lost, you've stopped all the distractions, you have begun working on your bitterness and suddenly you have become aware of yourself. This is a strange moment. Now that your not looking back, you can look forward and all you see are possibilities. The whole world has opened up to you, its like you have not been breathing and you can finally fill your lungs. You get off that couch, march into the bathroom and reclaim you.  This post is going to be short. Today you are going to be so excited about you that this blog is just blocking you from saying hello to you. So monster go do it. Change your hair, put on some make up, go sit in the sun. Today is the first day of your new life. Get to It. Because after today we step into the In Between. Enjoy your day

No comments:

Post a Comment